Aditya Birla Insulators
Aditya Birla Insulators, the insulators business of Aditya Birla Nuvo, is India’s largest and the world’s fourth largest manufacturer of high-voltage porcelain insulators.
With an extensive product range that includes hollow, solid core, disc, pin, post insulators, finding applications in the entire spectrum of sub-station and transmission systems, Aditya Birla Insulators’ quality is ensured by world-class technology and cost competitiveness.
With its plants located at Rishra in West Bengal and Halol in Gujarat, Aditya Birla Insulators has an installed capacity of 45,260 mt and caters to the entire spectrum of sub-station and transmission insulators up to 765 KV system voltages.
A recipient of the Capexil's top export award and special export award for the last 18 years, the insulators business has also bagged awards from the president and prime minister of India for export excellence.
Aditya Birla Insulators leverages the rich legacy of the Aditya Birla Group and the technical expertise accrued through over four decades in the industry. The company provides a comprehensive range of high-performance insulators to the power industry in India as well as overseas.
The Aditya Birla Insulators' product range is exported to 58 countries around the world with focus on markets in Europe and America. Aditya Birla Insulators exports one third of its total sales. The business has been proactive in gauging changing customer needs and adapting its product range to meet high quality standards and customer satisfaction.
With its products extensively tested in reputed national and international laboratories, the resultant output is truly world class and the company’s long-term customers that include leading power utilities and multinational companies vindicate this.
- IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj Quality Award for topping the list in the manufacturing sector.
- Quality Circle Team “AGNI” got “gold” level recognition (par excellence)
in Chapter Convention on Quality Circle Competition (CCQC) 2010 held at
Taj Bengal, Kolkata on September 21, 2010.
- Quality Circle Team “AGNI” got “Distinguished” level recognition in National Convention on Quality Circle Competition (NCQC) 2010 held at College of Engineering, Vishakapatnam on December 29, 2010.
- IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award 2010 in Quality Category.
- ISO 9001:2008 certification awarded for the design, development, manufacture and supply of extra high, high and low voltage electro-porcelain insulators, by British
Standards Institution (BSI).
- OHSAS 18001:2007 certification awarded for the design, development, manufacture and supply of extra high, high and low voltage electro-porcelain insulators, by British
Standards Institution (BSI).
- Social accountability 8000:2008 certificate for manufacture of H.V. and L.V. electro porcelain insulators, by “Det Norske Veritas AS”.
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 certificate received for general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories in chemical, mechanical and electrical testing laboratories by NABL.
- The Golden Peacock Environment Management Award-2008 in Environment Category awarded by Institute of Directors.
- IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award 2008 in Quality Management Category awarded by Indian Merchants Chambers.
- Excellent and Distinguished Category Award 2008 in Quality Management at the National Convention on Quality Circle (NCQC) awarded by Quality Circle Forum of India (GCFI).
- ISO 9001: 2000 Certificate for Quality Management System awarded by BSI Management System, India.
- ISO 14001: 2004 Certificate for Environmental Management System awarded by BSI Management Systems, India.